Time & Location
17 Jun 2023, 09:00 – 16:00
Borrowdale, Borrowdale, Keswick CA12 5XE, UK
About the event
Join me on this low valley walk on undulating rocky paths to swim in clear river pools and waterfalls.
This Borrowdale Wild Swimming Walk is always popular thanks to the awesome scenery and fantastic river gorge for swimming and dipping. We swim breaststroke and you must be able to tread water. This swim is not suitable for front crawl. If you have limited outdoor swimming experience, please check with me before booking.
Our walk climbs uphill for the first mile or so, but is not onerously steep. You should be comfortable walking on rocky terrain and loose paths, though you don't need to be a mountain goat! We will be carrying everything we need for the day in backpacks, including our lunches and drinks.
Wetsuits are optional on this swim as we will get warm walking uphill. There is a risk of damaging your wetsuit when climbing into the water so please consider wearing shorts/teeshirt over the top or wearing a more robust surf suit.
We have a picnic lunch (bring your own) and almost certainly stop at a pub or café at the end of the day.
Need to know
- We swim breaststroke on this event and you must be able to tread water. The swim location is not suitable for front crawl.
- Our swim location is 180m above sea level in an exposed mountain valley so you can expect it to be colder than you might usually be used to.
- Wetsuit hire is not available on this swim due to the rocky entry to the water.
- This event is not suitable for dogs as they will be left out of sight and unattended whilst we are swimming.
- This event is for over 18s only.
- Ticket type
Borrowdale Wild Swimming WalkPrice£55.00
+£2.20 card feeTax: +£2.20 card feeSold Out
This event is sold out