Sat, 13 Apr|
WAITLIST ONLY: Swim and Sew Workshop - make your own swimsuit!
Time & Location
13 Apr 2024, 09:00 – 14 Apr 2024, 17:00
Keswick, Keswick CA12, UK
About the event
NEW! I'm thrilled to offer this two day sewing workshop in collaboration with the hugely talented Amanda Bowden. Based in Portinscale nr Keswick, we spend two days under Amanda's expert eye cutting our own pattern and making a swimsuit. Each pattern is personalised and you can chose from a range of styles from a pull on one-piece to a racer back or two piece.
• Amanda will prepare a personalised pattern for you to use and keep.
• It’s suitable for an adventurous beginner who can use a sewing machine.
• You will produce plenty of samples to understand the specialist techniques required for making swimwear.
• Sewing machines and basic equipment will be available for your use although you are encouraged to bring your own machine and equipment.
• Class sizes are capped at 8 sewists plus Amanda.
• You will need to bring your fabric, lining and thread (guidance will be given in advance).
• Tea/coffee and homemade cakes/biscuits will be provided. Please bring a packed lunch.
• Skills covered; pattern layout and marking, working with power mesh, swimwear elastic and lycra, fitting and finishing.
• The days run from 10am to 4pm with two optional swims each day.
• On the final day we take our swimsuits out for a swim in Derwentwater!
- Ticket type
Day attendeePrice£205.00Sold Out
- Ticket type