Mon, 07 Oct|
WAITLIST: Northumberland Swim Yoga retreat
Our Swim Yoga retreat is sold out but you can go on the waiting list in case places become available.
Time & Location
07 Oct 2024, 15:00 – 10 Oct 2024, 11:00
Northumberland, Northumberland, UK
About the event
This holiday is FULL. Please get in touch to go on the waiting list in case of cancellations.
£675 per person with the option to add an extra night for £125.
A deposit of £250 is required to secure your place. Terms and conditins apply.
- All meals at the accommodation
- Non-alcoholic hot and cold drinks
- Daily guided sea swims, walks, and yoga
- Changing robe towels
- Changing mats
What’s not included
- Transport to and from the accommodation
- Holiday insurance
- Refreshments at cafes and tea rooms
- One pub meal
- Alcoholic drinks
- Wetsuit & accessory hire
- Transport to Lindisfarne/excursions
We will be staying in a cosy bunk barn with social space, kitchen, generous hand-built bunks with rooms sleeping 3-4 people in each. There are no single rooms or en-suite facilities, all bedrooms and shower rooms are shared. Three shower rooms containing a shower, toilet, and sink are shared.
Trains run from Newcastle and Berwick stopping at Morpeth. From Morpeth you will need to take a taxi or bus. We recommend a taxi.
Hemscott Hill Farm is located 10 miles north of Morpeth and easy to reach from the A1. There is ample parking in the yard.
- All meals at the accommodation are included. One meal is taken at the local pub and this is not included in the price of the trip
- Breakfast is self-service, choosing from cereals, fruit, yoghurts, eggs, bacon, toast etc.
- Packed lunch provisions are included in this trip.
- Our evening meals are catered in-house. The food is hearty and rustic, making use of local reared meat, fish, and home-grown vegetables.
- A generous selection of hot drinks will be provided. Should you have a specific preference please let us know in advance.
- Alcoholic drinks are not included in the cost of the trip. If you would like to add on alcoholic drinks to your trip, the cost is £50 per person (negotiably depending on your intake!).
- Dietary requirements can be catered for and you are welcome to bring your own food and drink items.
Participation and fitness
You should have a good baseline fitness but do not need to be an athlete to take part. A minimum swimming ability applies. The overall pace is leisurely and walks will be led at a pace suitable for the entire group ie not fast. This is a holiday not a training camp.
Relaxed daily yoga is led by Amy Barlow who delivers a down-to-earth practice that will enrich and refresh. We are open to all levels and particularly welcoming to those who are new to yoga or not very bendy. If you are very advanced please check with us before booking.
We will enjoy some gentle coastal walking, mostly at low level although there might be some short climbs in places. On walks you will need to carry everything you need in a backpack including swim kit, spare clothing, packed lunch, and drinks.
Our swims and dips will be in the sea or freshwater waterfalls and pools. You should be confident swimming out of your depth and ideally acclimatised to swimming outdoors. The swims are not an opportunity to train or to swim distance. We swim breaststroke.
Ideally swimmers should be happy to swim without a wetsuit however you are welcome to wear whatever you feel comfortable in.
If you have no outdoor swimming experience please contact me before booking this holiday. Please read the terms and conditions regarding swimming experience and ability.
Wifi and mobile reception
There is good mobile signal at the accommodation and wifi.
To help with your packing, a lightweight changing robe and a changing mat are provided. Yoga mats, blocks and blankets are also provided. After booking, you will be sent a kit list with recommended items. Wetsuits and thermal accessories such as swim socks and gloves are available to hire. We can also provide backpack hire and other items on request.
The holiday has a relaxed programme. You are welcome to sit out a day if you would prefer to explore on your own.
- Snacks and drinks at cafes outside of the accommodation are not included.
- One meal at the local pub is not included.
- Alcoholic drinks are not included in the cost of the holiday and can be added on.
- Transport on the trip to Lindisfarne will be charged at cost.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to open this holiday up to dogs.
What to bring
Once you have booked on the holiday a suggestive packing list will be provided.