Sun, 29 Jan|
Winter Walk and Swim, Crummock Water
Finish January with a stunning lakeside walk at Crummock Water. Explore the quiet western shore and swim from a secluded beach. We end our walk at the Kirkstile Inn in front of their roaring fire.
Time & Location
29 Jan 2023, 09:30 – 15:30 GMT
Cockermouth, Crummock Water, Cockermouth CA13, UK
About the event
Finish January with a stunning lakeside walk at Crummock Water. Explore the quiet western shore and swim from a secluded beach. We end our walk at the Kirkstile Inn in front of their roaring fire. This event is for bobbers and dippers and the swim takes place in a sheltered bay. The walk is at a relaxed and sociable pace with plenty of pauses to take in the view. We are not setting out to break any records! My dog, Bertie, will be on this walk. Your dog is welcome too, on a lead and under control.
- Walking distance is 8.5km. I reserve the right to alter the route depending on weather conditions.
- Total ascent is 167m with no steep climbs or descents.
- Paths are well-trodden but will be wet/muddy in places.
- You will need to carry all your swimming things and day-walk essentials in a backpack.
- Swimmers must be acclimatised for winter conditions.
- Wetsuits are optional depending on your experience and level of acclimatisation.
- Tow floats are mandatory.
- Breaststroke swimming.
- Your place is not confirmed until payment has been received.
- On receipt of payment you will be sent the meeting point and joining instructions.
- Please note when booking online that a card fee applies. You can book direct by email to avoid paying the card fee.
- Walking is on stone tracks and rough fell-side paths.
- Paths will be wet and/or muddy in places.
- Paths may be rough with steps up and down on rocks.
- Access to the water is from a shingle beach.
- The walk distance is 8.5km with 167m of ascent.
- There is no support vehicle.
- Ticket type
Winter Walk and Swim
*Book by email to avoid card fee*Price£45.00
+£1.80 Card feeTax: +£1.80 Card fee